Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday 24 March 2010

acupuncture.... chiropractic...... acu..... chiro.....

aco.. chiro.. and the winner is.......................................... shiatsu!

So I had this consultation the other day, and was recommended to do shiatsu, so shiatsu it is :-). I'll be having a weekly treatment for 10 weeks, until about when I'm supposed to give birth (10 weeks.. yikes! girl if you need 12 weeks, your mother will have no objections. none at all..). I was kind of hoping for some kind of miracle treatment, but I understand there isn't such a thing. Oh, well.. though I do understand that shiatsu is good for preparing the body for birth, so that's good too :-).

Had my first treatment today (and shall I shamefully admit for this being my first ?), and well.. Some of those pressings were somewhat painful and I was thinking - what have I got myself into?? 9 more of these?? But I know it's "good pain", one that releases and helps cure, and I do think I felt good afterwards.

What scares me is the thought that this pain might cause me to be unable to give birth the way I'd like. It's not only the birth itself (actually it's less the birth), more-so the fact that I stopped going to yoga, stopped preparing my body. I don't know if I shouldn't or if on the contrary yoga will only do good. Hopefully I'll resume the yoga soon.


ETA (seven thirtyish..) - It took some hours for me to realise, but wow, yes, I do feel better, much better! Can't wait for my next session :-).

10 comments:

Tiara said...

Hi Billy! I have finally caught up to your present day after reading your blog from the beginning.

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I have learned so much from you, including getting over my fear of posting comments!

Good luck with the back pain, I hope you find some relief...I look forward to continuing to read about your journey!

Billy said...

Thanks :-)

Paige said...

Wow! Great that you feel better. I'm looking forward to hearing how the rest of the treatments go.

battynurse said...

Glad something seems to help some and hope repeated visits help more. I know with a massage often I will hurt more immediately after but a day or so later feel much better. I hope this all helps with your birth.

Jess said...

So glad its working for you!!! :)

Jess said...

So glad its working for you!!! :)

Hera said...

Billy - I am definitely interested in hearing more about this. Living in Colorado we have all sorts of alternative medicine outlets so if I works I may try it!

S.I.F. said...

I've never even heard of shiatsu - I'm excited to hear how it works for you! I know I have been really excited about accupuncture for sure!

tireegal68 said...

I have heard that Shiatsu really helps pain in pregnancy so I'm hoping for great results for you! Hang in there! Hope you feel some relief soon!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have found shiatsu or any kind of massage/relief when I was pregnant w/my daughter. The sciatica had me in tears every day for over 3 months!
I'll be really interesed to hear your experiences with it as you progress, since I'm sure back pain will become my constant companion again at some point!